Monday, June 7, 2010

Roundabout Readfield


We had a rather soggy weekend that saw our scheduled joint ride last Saturday with the Central Maine Cycling Club postponed until some later date. I spent the morning at a special alumni ride with members of the Colby Cycling Team since it was my (gasp!) 35th reunion. I have to say that after riding 20 miles plus in the pouring rain with those guys, I didn't feel so special - I was definitely spotting them 35 years. I could barely stay with them on the hills, and truth be told, I suspect they were dogging it. Not that that mattered much - I don't think that if I turned the clock back 35 years I could've climbed that effortlessly then. It was fun, though. Hopefully the weather will be much nicer this Saturday when we return to Readfield for another fine ride, and yet another opportunity for me to avoid acting my age. 'Til then!

Saturday, June 12th; READFIELD
"Readfield Roundabout" - a tour in and around the scenic byways of Readfield or thereabout.
START: 9:30 AM, at the Readfield Elementary School on South Street, a half-mile from the junction of Rt. 17 and South Street at Readfield Depot. Readfield Depot, where there is a small market and a RR crossing, is about a mile south of Readfield Center.
DISTANCE: 25 to 30 miles.
TERRAIN: Rolling with a few hills.
HIGHLIGHTS: Readfield and its surrounding towns are interwoven with fine cycling roads and scenery, and this ride will scope out a good selection of both.
LEADER: Frank Rosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment