Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Somewhere Outside of Paris



Last Saturday, Ray & Jane Giglio led the KVBC ride from Wayne through Leeds and North Monmouth on the "Tour de Lacs." The group rolled past some classic cycling vistas, including fields of sunflowers some 20 miles outside of Paris (Me.).

Ray reports:
"Beside Jane and I, we had three other riders for the Tour de Lacs ride on 8/6: George Luckhurst, plus Claudette Purington and her husband Tom Keyes. Perfect day - the ride was 29 miles. It was our anniversary (23rd) so I took Jane out to eat at a benefit lobster roll dinner at the Cary Memorial Library in Wayne, after a swim and change of clothes at the Androscoggin Yacht Club. Hey, she had her choice of there or at Tubby's. Unfortunately, Claudette and Tom, and George, had other places to go to."

Unfortunately, some of us (including this would-be blogger) had to miss it. Many thanks to Ray & Jane for stepping up and leading such a memorable ride.

Whatever you do, don't miss next week's ride in Wings Mills, where Ken will reprise his Hot Dog Ride! See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    By way of introduction, I am Giles Nevill and my wife and I own a property in SW France - www.manzac.com . We are in the process of setting up centre touring cycling holidays from here http://www.manzac.com/CYCLING-HOLIDAYS . As part of the publicity and marketing for that, I am putting together an advert for publication in a UK cycling magazine - CYCLE (magazine of the CTC). As you may note from the website home page, our brand symbol is a sunflower and so as to link that in, I 'googled' for a picture of cycling and sunflowers and one of the pictures I found was the one from your Posted Roads blog dated 10th August 2011. It is perfect for what I am looking for (great setting, good colour, great pose and general all round good feeling picture!) and I am thus writing to ask your permission to use this picture in our advert - For your information the picture would be very small (3 x 2.5 cm) and it would be next to impossible to identify the two people in the picture esp with their helmets and sunglasses on, so I hope this won't cause any issues.

    Thanks a lot and I hope / look forward to hearing from you soon.

    Best wishes
    Giles Nevill
    www.manzac.com

    ReplyDelete