Sunday, January 26, 2020

KVBC Ride Planning for 2020

Greetings to all!  With the weather turning a bit milder of late, indications are that it is time to start planning the 2020 KVBC Ride Calendar.  In years past, we have met in February to sit down over pizza and lay out rides for the coming year.  For the past couple of years we have met in Waterville, at Miller Library at Colby (where I work), and I can certainly arrange for a meeting room there again.  I know that for some people, Waterville is not convenient, so I am open to suggestions for another meeting place.  I'd also like to know what weekday evening or weekend works best for people who would like to attend.  As always, if you cannot attend and would still like to sign up to lead a ride, please feel free to contact me with the date(s) and ride info, and I will reserve a spot for you.  In addition to arranging the ride calendar, I'd also like some feedback on route mapping as best appropriate for GPS navigation.  We are probably not going to dispense with paper maps right away, but I do note that some other bike clubs have decided to stop marking routes altogether, now that many riders have access to GPS units and digital maps.  I am also happy to discuss any other matters members would like addressed.  Let me know your preferences for meeting times and places, and don't forget the upcoming ride (weather permitting) on Leap Day, Saturday, Feb, 29, in Hallowell.  Think Spring!

Jim Merrick, hjmerrick@gmail.com, 293-3784.

1 comment: